Aquinas High School Wrestling Program
High School Philosophy
- Aquinas High School Wrestling is committed to creating young men of high character and integrity both on the mat and in life
- We will do this through the tenets learned in wrestling: discipline, sacrifice, dedication, hard work and selflessness.
- We aim not only to create great wrestlers, but great young men who will one day become great sons, brothers, husbands, fathers and citizens.
Going out for wrestling was one of the best things my son did in high school. He learned much more than wrestling and is a better person forever for what he has learned. Dedication, timeliness, sportsmanship, cheering on the next teammate in the power of teamwork without losing the importance of having individual goals are all ingrained traits wrestlers learn. Every hurdle in the track for success in wrestling requires a physical and mental toughness like no other sport.
“Back in high school, wrestling was actually my third favorite sport at the time. However, looking back now I can see that without wrestling I wouldn’t have been the competitor I was on the football field and ball diamond. I also realize now, that the sport of wrestling, more so than any other sport I’ve played, has helped shape me into the person I am today, and has helped prepare me the most for life’s challenges. There are so many benefits to wrestling… Mental toughness, physical conditioning, confidence, and self-reliance are just a few of the too many to mention. I am forever grateful to wrestling and the Aquinas program.”
- All State Running Back (2011)
- 1st Team All State Baseball Player (2011)
- La Crosse Tribune Baseball Player of the year (2011)
- 3rd place @ State wrestling tournament-171 Pounds (2011)